UBQ NEWS & INSIGHTS
DON'T MENTION BREXIT
I did once, and saw a whole new world of opportunity… in Europe.
Martin Oxley, Executive Chairman of UBQ strategic partner, Exorigo-Upos, provides us with his thoughts on how UK businesses can adjust to the ‘new normal’ of Brexit.
- Local Convenience – keep your stock in Europe, in a cost-efficient location, within easy reach of your major markets
- Online Network Fast – Manufacturer, exporter, B2C, B2B, DTC – create a convenient local, ecommerce shop quickly, and integrate it with customer enabled distribution and automated service
- Empowered Marketplace – Look up relevant, local marketplaces and get on them fast. If there isn’t one for your niche, crowd source some partners and develop one for yourselves
- Re-purpose returns – it’s not sustainable to bring your product back to the UK or have a big bonfire in Europe. Get creative and look at something which creates sustainable value in market
- New Trusted Partner Networks – in the pre-digital era, people danced a line between their own shop networks and franchises. There’s a long list of examples where that didn’t really work. For B2B, DTC and traditional B2C, there are now a plethora of opportunities without leaving your office. Today, you need a trusted friend in Europe, more than ever, plugged into a #digital ecosystem
More UBQ Insights
A selection of newsworthy and noteworthy stories from the industry covering everything from M&S’ Sparks loyalty scheme, Collabs by Shopify, H&M’s aggressive marketplace strategy, Meta’s Threads and the potential impact of Temu’s UK launch.